We eventually found enough lounge chairs for all of us and Travis and Ali took off for some of the rides, while Meri and hit the wave pool. The water was freezing!! Mer wanted no part of it, {I didn’t blame her...} so we put a life jacket on her and tried out the toddler slide. It would’ve been great if there was someone to catch her at the bottom, but I couldn’t make it down fast enough. She panicked at the bottom, of course, and I leaped in to the water to pull her out... all while the lifeguard stood and watched her cry and struggle. I felt completely awful and was not a happy mommy with the quality of "lifeguards".
Travis and Ali enjoyed the rides they went on... after they stood in line for an hour! They took Meri with them to the splash house, but she ended up crying after that as well. There just wasn’t a lot for little ones her age to do. She was happy to sit on the lounge chair eating Goldfish and drinking Gatorade. {Was that worth the price of admission?}
The favorite rides of the day were the “flusher” and the “wedgy slide”. {I don’t know what the real names are...} The flusher was about a 40+ minute wait just to get the innertube, then another 20+ minutes of waiting to get to the slide. Trav, Ali, Greg, and Natalie all got to ride together and woo-hooed all the way down the slide, into the funnel, and out the bottom. Too bad it was over so darn quick! I couldn’t even get a picture of them on the ride... just a before and after!
Trav’s all time favorite was the “wedgy slide”. They had just announced the park would be closing soon, so he didn’t have to wait in much of a line. In fact, he was able to go twice in a short amount of time so he could check out both sides.
Overall, it probably would’ve been okay for the daddies to take the older girls and leave the mommies at the condo with the little girls. Meri and Johnna weren’t loving the water - at all. {Johnna took a nap on one of the lounge chairs!} Also, it was only open 11-5, so with all of the waiting in lines, they hardly got on any rides. After admission and $40+ lunches for each of the families it was pretty darn expensive for not much. I definitely wasn't impressed with Soak City - and especially not the lifeguards!
2 comments:
I hope you send then an e-mail about the life guards. They need to hear about that kind of stuff.
All in all though, the trip sounds like it was amazing. I've enjoyed every post and every picture.
That's a bummer! We have heard that before though. We are walking distance to the park but have never gone...now I know why :-)
--Andrea
Post a Comment