Daddy's traditional birthday donuts in the morning!
Miss Meri is now 8! She had her family dinner (on the 16th; the date of her birthday) at Olive Garden. Shocking, I know. I really don't know how the Olive Garden trend got started...Grandma Sandy made a cake per Mer's request. Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. Yummy! :) Another request was for the My Little Pony to be on top of the cake... but the tail could not touch the frosting!
Her party with friends was on the Saturday after her actual birthday. She had several friends (& cousins!!) over for a painting party. I suggested she call it an "Arty Party", but she did not like that idea! lol! :)
They all picked a picture they wanted to paint. (I had a few picture ideas for them to choose from.) They loved painting! Their *portraits* turned out so great! After was sang happy birthday, we all decorated our own cupcakes. They were on little paint trays and the paint spots were filled with different toppings and sprinkles. The cupcake creations were quite amazing! Later, there was present opening and play time. It was a great day!
That evening, Kristen and Luke came over for pizza and more play time. It was a full - FUN - day. Happy birthday sweet girl I can't imagine our lives without you!! xoxo

1 comment:
Happy Birthday Meri. I'm glad you had a good time and that your Pony's tail stayed clean. Good thing you didn't call it a farty-party. That would even be worse than Arty-Party.
Post a Comment