Thursday, July 3, 2014

Disneyland with the Grown-Ups!

Our dear family friend Suzann had her 50th birthday this year! In order to celebrate properly we all headed to the Happiest Place on Earth... and Suzann's favorite place in the world. :)


Mom, Casey, and I flew in very early Friday morning and went straight to the park to surprise Suz. (She didn't think we were coming in until much later, and didn't know we got an earlier flight!) We immediately started in on all of the rides. There was no wasting any time!!

I think this picture with Suzann giving Donald a big hug, and Mom posing off to the side, is one of my favorites.


It was a LONG day. We practically closed the park down! By the time we got to the Cars ride, we were all so tired that we were loopy! We were hysterical during all of the poses the photographer had us doing in front of Radiator Springs. 

The next day started early (again) and we didn't stop! It was a bit surreal being there without any kids! I felt so light! But, I got used to it... 


We had a special birthday dinner at the Storytellers Cafe to celebrate Suzann's birthday. Ang found blinking Mickey ears for everyone... there was no losing anyone in the park that night!

Happy Birthday Friend!

Our final event of the night was the World of Color. It was new since my last trip to Disneyland, so I hadn't seen it yet. It was pretty darn amazing! While we were waiting I learned about a new game called Head's Up. It was especially funny watching Mom and Midge trying to guess their word...


I didn't think I was going to be able to pull this trip off... but thanks to a personal day, and my awesome husband, it all worked out. And, I'm so glad I went. :) We laughed, and laughed, and laughed some more. My sides and cheeks ached! It was SO much fun! Such great memories with very special people.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is awesome. I want to go again:). I'll make some sandwiches and meet you at the airport.

Christy said...

hahaha!! You got it!