Mom took us early in the morning to Gramma Barb's house to go to Whidbey Island. We packed all of our things in her trailer and left. On the way we stopped at McDonald's for breakfast. After we ate, we were back on the road.
When we got there, we jumped out and gave everyone a hug. We parked the trailer and ran inside. We made lunch, and then I started making bracelets and Merilyn was playing with her babies and Polly Pockets. After dinner we went to bed and I read for awhile.
The next day we got up and had breakfast. I made more bracelets while we waited for Maggie and Marcus to come. Uncle Bob asked Meri and me if we wanted to go on a walk and we said yes. He said to not touch nettles, which is a very bad plant that will sting you badly. He kept talking that if we touched it we would *cry like babies* and all this other stuff, while Merilyn had just touched some! I told her to keep calm, and that Grandma would have cream to put on the sting. We kept walking and then I got stung. When we got back, I told Grandma what happened and she put cream on the sting. To this day I am sure Uncle Bob doesn't even know it happened!
We also went on Uncle Bobby's tractor. Mer and I took turns driving the tractor. When Marcus and Maggie came, the girls ran inside to play American Girl Dolls. Then we had lunch and went back to playing American Girl Dolls and making bracelets.
After dinner we went out to feed Rosie, the cow. We stirred, and mixed, and poured food in the bottle to feed Rosie. Then we went to bed and Gramma read us a few pages from a comic book.
The next day we had breakfast, played for awhile, then went to feed Rosie again. After Rosie's breakfast, Aunt Linda and I took all of the dogs for a walk around the property with Jim. Lily stayed by my side the whole time! After lunch, Gramma turned on the Teen Beach Movie soundtrack. We all danced in front of the trailer. Then we went inside to play Dolls. That night, Maggie's Grandma asked us to dance for her because she thought we were really good. The next day was just the same. Walks, dolls, dancing. That night for dinner we told stories and kids drank cider and grownups drank wine. The next morning, Mikey was packing up the trailer and we were saying our good-byes. Grandma invited Maggie to come with us to the American Doll Store and Betsey was going to pick her up after.
We went riding horses! My horse was named Dancer... which was perfect because I'm a dancer!
We left and the kids ate snacks and watched Teen Beach Movie. We got on the fairy and started to move onto our spot when, the trailer crashed into a pole on the fairy! It was terrible. The rest of the trip was good. I can't wait till we get to go again. Merilyn agrees.








1 comment:
I got stung with nettles once, no fun. I'm proud of you for just handling it without making a big fuss. I guess Uncle Bob was wrong about how tough the Slyter girls are. Its funny that a girl who dances rode a horse named Dancer because one I rode a horse named Pepsi and we all know how much I love that!
Post a Comment