Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Camping

This was our last camping trip of the summer since I go back to work next Monday, and we'll be back to completely opposite schedules.

We took the trailer up to Mt. Hood RV Park last week. The girls love this campground because it has a playground and a swimming pool. :) I love it because it's so beautiful!

We feel like we're almost experts now with setting everything up! (Taking it all down and packing everything back up is another story...)

We had a great time during our little get-away. Gramma and Mikey joined us the next day and Merilyn loved her Lily time.

While Mike and Trav golfed, Gramma, Ali, Meri and I went out to try to find the Letterbox treasure we had searched for last year. Still no luck! After the guys got back, we took Trav back with us for a second look. (And a text photo from Casey...her family found it last year!) TaDa! Thanks for the great clue Casey! :)

Of course, I didn't even think about bringing a stamp for the treasure box... so we colored Ali's thumb and left a thumbprint! (I tried to turn it into a little bug.)

We went on lots of walks while we were there. We found a great little spot right on the river! Had we known, we would've come prepared with swimsuits! Or not... the water was freezing! The views were so amazing! Merilyn chose not to join us... it was "too much work.")

Travis and I celebrated our 11-year anniversary while we there. The girls helped Mom make us a very nice steak dinner (and a surprise ice cream cake!). So fun!

2 comments:

Gramma said...

It was a GREAT, fun adventure! Thanks for inviting us.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Grownup Tantrums said...

Invite. Veronica. Next. Time.

Note to Parents: She LOVES your kids, she LOVES camping and s'mores and sleeping bags and being dirty. =)