We left the Saturday after I got out of school (another reason why I needed to be done and out of my classroom!) and were lucky enough to spend Sunday with Ross...who happened to be there for the day.
After being in the rain for what seemed an entire year, the HOT weather was an adjustment for me. The outside thermometer said 110* on one of the days! Ugh!! I am not a fan of hot weather - at all! But the fact that I was in the pool, and in the shade of a palm tree, made it bearable. :)


Kristen with the drink of the day.
I think the pool (with our books, magazines, and icy beverages) was the best part!
Each morning was spent by the pool, and then back to the room for lunch and naps. We would go out to the strip at night when it cooled off... down to 90*! HA!!
It was the perfect, relaxing getaway for us - especially at the end of a stressful school year. It was good to get back home to my girls... and of course, my Portland weather.






No comments:
Post a Comment