Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!


What a nice day! I was surprised with flowers in the morning and a gift certificate for a pedicure. {I can't wait for that!!} Then, we took our moms - grandmas - out to breakfast at the Monarch. They have such a nice buffet that it has become somewhat of a tradition to go there on Mother's Day. {The guys like the fact that they don't have to cook or clean up!} Trav had the day off, so the rest of the day was mine to savor... a nap on the couch, reading a People magazine, and catching up on Lost. Motherhood... I've never had a more rewarding, challenging, heartbreaking, exhausting, exciting, frustrating, hilarious job in my life. And, I wouldn't trade it for the world. I get it now, Mom, thank you. I love you!




2 comments:

Grownup Tantrums said...

I love how different your girls are; pictures of the 2 of them always make me think of Tony and me - so different!! :)

Gramma said...

It's a pretty amazing adventure, for sure!!
And each stage of being a mom is more special than the last!

You and your sister are FANTASTIC mommies!!