Sunday, December 14, 2008

Arctic Blast 2008


I think I heard Casey say that the storm we're having is being called Arctic Blast 2008 by the news media. I love that they always come up with a name for the snow... and they give it its own dramatic ad and everything!
Uncle Greg is somewhat of a weather savant. He's like a Magic 8 ball {without the shaking}. Ask him a weather-related question, and he'll sniff the air and give his answer. {And, he's usually right!} Yesterday I asked if all the hype was true, and if I was going to have school on Monday. He put on his coat and hat, went outside, and came back in with a prediction. "Definitely snow on Sunday, no school on Monday - and possibly no school on Tuesday." I tend to be a snow skeptic... but I'm so glad I was wrong!

We woke up this morning to find that it had snowed! In fact, it was still snowing... the flakes were fat and fluffy and coming down in a mad flurry. Meri says you can see it better if you look like this out the window:



The girls bundled up in their finest winter clothes {pajamas, coats, and rain boots. Ali actually wore my boots!} and ran out in the yard to play in the snow. Meri wasn't sure about it at first, but then she got the hang of it and tried to keep up with big sister.


They loved being out in the snow, but it got cold very quickly! They didn't last very long. {It may have had something to do with the fact that they were in their pajamas.} We all came in to get warm by the fire and drink hot chocolate. It was a good day.


No comments: